Being a Virtual Arkansas Parent
How can you help your student succeed in an online course? Virtual Arkansas recognizes that parents are a critical part of the equation for student learning and growth. Below are some tips to help you help your student.
Parents have the ability to monitor student success in a virtual course just like any other learning setting. Here are some ways to monitor:
- Contact the student’s school facilitator. This person is a local district employee that supports and monitors students using the technology.
- Provide your updated email and phone number to the school and request that they update it in the Virtual Arkansas Power Panel.
- Ask your student to log in from home to share grades and progress with you.
- Contact the Virtual Arkansas instructor for your student’s course. This person is a licensed Arkansas teacher that provides lessons and support through the course and Zoom.
Parents often know how to motivate their students more than anyone else. Help your student to grow in these areas:
- Responding to challenges
- Monitoring their own learning
- Enjoying new ideas
- Using technology to grow
Share your experiences with learning in every day life. Demonstrate how you would like for your student to be a growing learner.